Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fun in Solvang


Daughter Bronwyn and I drove down Hwy 101 for a couple of days in Solvang - Little Denmark in the Santa Inez Valley. I first visited here with my aunt and uncle about 50 years ago, and have been often. We've enjoyed shopping, walking the quiet streets and tasting the goodies on offer.

Some things have changed over the years, but many of the landmarks from that first trip are still here. The pastries are just as delicious, the red cabbage is divine and the windmills still turn.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, it has been so long. On family trips, my mother and I would usually make the bakery run (is it Birkholm's?). Then later, visits to the town...I remember a buffet, I think. I used to love the Christmas shop. I imagine you and Bronwyn had a splendid time, beautiful weather adding its touch.

    ReplyDelete