Saturday, January 1, 2011

Word for the Year


Several years ago Margot and I quit coming up with New Year's resolutions and instead we each pick a word for the year. Past years have found me working on energy, trust, re-frame, let-it-go and harmony.

This year my word is "breathe". I was quite taken a couple of months ago, reading Peace is Every Step by Thich Nhat Hanh, with "Breathing in I calm my body, breathing out I smile". I feel that if I can master this over the coming months, it will be more beneficial than a long list of resolutions.

I had decided on the word several weeks ago and when we were at the Theatre of Dreams I purchased lovely letter press circles that spell out "breathe". They now hang in the window above my desk where I'll see them several times a day.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! What a great idea for a new year. It gives you a lot more flexibility and can feel accomplished with every step. Well I wish you much success in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do love to hold a word of the year in my mind as I do my crafty stuff, if no other time. The times when I'm challenged are the times I need them most!

    ReplyDelete