Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm Loving this Journal!


Last month I prepared and started using this journal. It began life as a 3.5x5" thick pocket dictionary published 75 years ago. My last journal was big, about 9x11", so I wanted to go small this time around.


I went through, counting out three pages and then removing the next three. This done, I gessoed the sets of three together to make pages thick enough to take paint and collage, and to semi-cover the printed page.



I used 7 Gypsies gaffers tape to stabilize the covers and stamped fleurs-de-lys on top. The brass ornament is the hanger from an old picture frame, attached with E-6000.


The small, chunky feel of the book is a delight and I'm having a wonderful time filling it with jottings and collage. More pages on Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great journal and altered book. Thanks for sharing how you created it too. I was working on my travel book yesterday with my sister and have put pages together as I was thinking I wanted to not have so many.. now I like the way you have journaled on the pages so I want to try some changes in mine. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great so far. I love how you have altered it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect size and medium...words and those (what are they called?) thumb tabs? Seeing your more recent entry, I thought How Cool and how great embellished lettering and handwriting look on the pages. Now I have something for which to be watching.

    ReplyDelete