Friday, June 24, 2011

From the Bookshelf

One thing I love almost as much as seeing the inside of other artists' studios is seeing the inside of their sketchbooks. Luckily there is an increasing number of books that let us do just that.LinkThis one is the latest from North Light Books and allows us a glimpse into the sketchbooks of 45 established artists. It is fascinating to see the different styles used, as diverse as the finished works are. Each artist has a four page spread that shows several of their sketches, gives a short biography and a narration by the artist of how they use sketching and what it does for their art.
Highly recommended and a very enjoyable read and see!

4 comments:

  1. Erin, I am delighted to learn of this book; I think one can learn so much from titles like these. (I am sorry I haven't been in touch; just SO hectic and this is the first time I have had for days and days to read the blogs of others. I'm also in the process of creating a new blog - on books)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann - I know your gardening season is in at its height right now, so can imagine how busy you must be. And another blog - doesn't this make 4 or 5? Books - I shall eagerly await.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I didn't know about this book! I am definitely into this and have to check it out. Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris - These sketchbook compilations are like chocolate for me - can't get enough!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete