Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cigar Box Wednesday


It's taken me a year and 2 months to make a new chart and master list of how the cigar boxes are organized - but I finally did it! When I totally reorganized (and moved) my studio last May I came up with a much better way of storing the 100+ cigar boxes that hold my stash, but of course, then I didn't automatically know where the one I was looking for was. So instead of immediately making a chart and a list, every time I needed one I found myself looking up and down the rows trying to find it!


No excuse for procrastinating - but it has been a rawther (as Eloise would say) busy year. Anyway, I spent an hour with pen and clipboard moving from shelf to shelf and mapping the location of each labeled box. So now when I don't remember just where "Bones" or "Rusted Bottle Caps" are, I can look at the list and chart - and voila!

6 comments:

  1. I wanna see the hand-written sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS is such an accomplishment. I know how hard that was. Brava !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erin, I'm here from Seth's Style File! This is the most amazing collection of cigar boxes I've ever seen... and I love to hear your system and how it's organized complete with a map! That's just cool. Best wishes from germany, tj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Destiny - You just want to see how badly I sketch!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris - I now have to map all the suitcases too. But someday it will all be finished!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. TJ - Thanks for dropping by. I love organizing and having all these beautiful boxes makes it so much fun.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete