Friday, July 22, 2011

From the Bookshelf


Just received this in the mail this week and have had trouble putting it down. Cathy Johnson has put together lots of delicious sketching eye candy, techniques, supply lists and peeks into dozens of wonderful artist journals. Also great "sound-bites" from different journalers about their art and their journals. The emphasis is more sketching/painting, with a little collage thrown-in, so if you're looking for strictly mixed media, maybe not the one for you. But you know me, one of my favourite pastimes is getting to see what others are doing in their journals and this book provides plenty of that.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love Cathie Johnson. I have this high on my list to get. I'm trying more and more to sketch my own images, and she just challenges kindly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris - She really does do an excellent job of encouraging one to try and keep at it.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete