Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The "Perfect" Gift


Recently I was awarded with my service pin for 20 years with the County Library System. One of my co-workers surprised me with this wonderful gift.


A vintage printing set, found in a small shop in Paris. Complete with minuscule letters and numbers, a stamper to load them on,


a desiccated ink pad and a worn, crackling piece of paper with various words and numbers stamped on it. And all contained in this beautiful old tin box.


As you can tell, for me, it is the "perfect' gift!


8 comments:

  1. Oh, my, Erin. I'm drooling!!!!! How wonderful that your friend discovered such a treasure and knew that you were the perfect one to hold it in your care and use it with love and ingenuity. Oh, I must admit to envy--lucky you, and how well deserved. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa - Thanks, it is one of those once in a life time surprises. It's stamping, it's vintage, and it's French! C'est formidable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect indeed. What an amazing gift. And congrats to you on 20 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seth - Thank you - 20 years of getting first crack at all the discarded books!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto the drooling and what a perfect, in all ways, gift to celebrate your anniversary. What a treasure and what a generous heart to part with it, knowing it could not find a better home. (actually, drooling is only the half of it...there is also the shrieking...imagine walking into a Paris (!) shop and finding THIS.) Richly deserved. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marylinn - It's very special on so many levels - and yes! imagine finding it and in Paris - could it be more "perfect"?
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I cannot stand it. This is beyond the beyond. You tell that person who gave you this that not only do you deserve it, but you deserve a friend like they are!

    When I visit again, I better bring a bigger bag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chris - Thanks for the warning! I'll know to hide it before you get here!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete