Tuesday, July 26, 2011

New Journal


I started with this 4x6" Birthday book, gessoed the pages, painted the cover,
added some embellishments and...


ended up with this! My new journal. The face was purchased years ago at an Art 'n' Soul vendor night, the "17" is from Tim Holtz's Idealogy line and the snippet of hand-made paper from our Port Townsend friend Dawn.

As usual, I've just finished a large journal and now I want to work small again. Here's a shot of the opening pages collaged with scraps off the art table.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, there's nothing like brand new gessoed journal pages to make one salivate. I guess I can't wish you bon voyage, or bon appetit! How about a more down to earth one, Erin: have a blast.

    Love your finished journal. I'm just learning, I mean in kindergarden. I have lots of energy and lots of love for color and am eager to learn. Marylinn Kelly has been kind enough to sign up for the post of Art Angel, for which I am grateful. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journal is fabulous!! And with me and paper, of course I love your paper collage pages. I love the way you use your elements.
    Do you number all your journals? I learn so much from your posts.. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa - Yes, I love starting a new journal - you always hear about "blank page" syndrome, but I find it exciting knowing I get to fill it up!
    You couldn't have a better Art Angel - you're in for a treat.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda - I don't number them, but I do have them all lined up on book shelves in order. I've kept a written journal since junior high, and art journals for the last 7 years or so.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, WOW! If those are the scraps...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris - I love scraps - and in a journal this small I can use every single teeny tiny piece on (or under) the art table!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete