Thursday, July 5, 2012

D is for Destiny



My friend and work colleague Destiny Carter has a birthday coming up this weekend.  She has long admired a collection of E's that I made for myself and I thought it would be fun to do one of D's for her.



I've spent a year collecting them from various places - a small funky antique store in Berkeley, Remnants of the Past vintage show in San Luis Obispo,



a shop in Troutdale just outside of Portland,
 various thrift stores, 
rummage and garage sales and of course - Michael's.


I stenciled on a piece of mason board using an alphabet stencil and Liquetex spray paints in black, orange and red.  Then I affixed all the different D's with E-6000.



The gold frame was a find in my garage studio stash and voila! 
 - D is for Destiny !  Happy Birthday.!


6 comments:

  1. DDDDDDDD-lightful!

    Happy Birthday Destiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa - I'll pass along your good wishes. With my love of typography, this was lots of fun to create.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so cool too! I love the rusty metal D. And the old blocks. Heck they are ALL really cool. Thank you Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Destiny - You are definitely welcome dear girl! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fine gift, with the added benefit of the hunt. You remind me how much fun it is to have something for which we are always on the look-out. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marylinn - I have a running list in my head of various things to hunt and gather. So might say too long a list! But it does make every outing an anticipatory adventure.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete