Saturday, July 21, 2012

Suitcase Saturday


 Found this 1940's beauty at the local swap meet.




This one is a repository for precious family memorabilia: my mom's Shirley Temple doll from the '30's, my dad's old fishing hat, pictures of my grandparents - as children and middle-aged.



Pix of my parents when they first met, a small pink toothpick holder that belonged to my great grandmother, a ceramic skunk that always sat on the window sill of my Aunt Harriet's bathroom, a chicken that graced my grandmother's kitchen shelves, the furnace key from my childhood home, a metal donkey from Italy that my dad sent home to my mom during the war, the head of a soap baby that was passed down from her older sister to my mom (the baby of the family).



This pink cup came from my grandfather's family; as a small boy he was allowed to have orange juice in it when he was sick.


Thanks Dad  altered book 


These are not art supplies, but I did make xerox copies of the picture of my dad in his uniform and use them for two pieces in "The Pity of War".



No comments:

Post a Comment