Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad

 Keep Them Flying 10x20"

Yesterday would have been my dad's 96th birthday.  He's been gone for almost 13 years now and there are ways in which my world has been a very different place without him.  He was soft spoken, could build anything, work on the cars, wire a house, produce gorgeous roses, cook an amazing meal and raise 4 children.  He and my mom celebrated 54 years of wedded bliss.  They met during WWII.  When I created The Pity of War collection last year, I was able to put some of my feelings for my dad in an altered book  and a collage about his war experiences.  Happy Birthday Dad and thanks for everything.

4 comments:

  1. Next Wednesday, My Dad will be 94. He is still going strong and driving everyday. YIKES! I am very fortunate to still have him with me. Keep those great memories of your Dad, with you always, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon - I can relate to that YIKES! Towards the end of his life my dad was still driving, but had decided to use only one speed - 40mph. So whether he was on a surface street or the freeway, he went 40mph!
    Remember to say and ask everything you need/want to while he's still in your life.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good heavens, were we raised in the same household? Soft spoken is not a phrase I would have used to describe our Dad.

    Love, Sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky - Perhaps I should have said "socially shy". I don't remember him using a loud voice often, I do remember that he didn't have to - a look was usually enough!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete