Sunday, October 25, 2009

Encore Weekend - Day One

Barbara & Blanche Rose -
two young women in 1920's Paris


Just two of the many altered books on display during my Open Studios. They are part one and two of an eventual trilogy, following the lives, loves and fortunes of the LaVettes and the LaChapelles , through the horrors of World War One, the jazz age in Paris and the 1930's when Barbara and Blanche Rose find success and acclaim in the artistic and literary world.


Fighting Angel -
a tale of two brothers during the Great War



I enjoy creating the stories for my altered books as much as I do the artwork. I even wrote an extensive back-story for these books detailing the family histories and how their lives intertwined. Book three is yet to come, and I look forward to revisiting these fascinating characters.


1 comment:

  1. Okay, Erin, this is SO inventive and fascinating. Love the lushness of an historic story with imagery!

    ReplyDelete