Sunday, October 18, 2009

Open Studios - Day One

Here are just a few shots from Open Studios - Day One. We had around 50 people come to the studio and be delighted and amazed; by the colour, by the art, and by the vast amounts of ephemera and embellishments stored all over the house!

A few sales were made and many new friends. It was very heartening to see how people "got it!" I did a lot of explaining about techniques and such - but not one visitor looked puzzled or said "Why would you want to do that?"

It was lots of fun swapping ideas with other artists that come by, and info about paper stores, sources for patina paint, classes and workshops. Many thanks to Margot, Destiny and Susan for help with marketing, displays, staffing the register and so much more. And to Lisa for reminding me to breathe!

Doing it all again today from 10:00-5:00. If you're in the Morro Bay area - drop by!

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful day!

    I wish I could be there, but since I can't, I'll just send all the good thoughts to you that I possibly can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!...standing on my chair tossing roses!
    You DID it!
    lots of work, joy, work, expression, work, nerves, work and NOW you are forever changed by this, your very wonderful show. The house looks delightful.
    Remember, now you can "Look Back"....and Glow.
    Congratulations and Love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete