Friday, September 24, 2010

From the Bookshelf

This description (from Amazon) of Susan Tuttle's book is so good, I am reprinting it here:

Within the pages of Exhibition 36, readers will enter a virtual art exhibit featuring thirty-six mixed-media artists whose collage, digital, assemblage, altered and re-purposed art adorn the walls and pedestals of this unique gallery. The artists are "present" throughout the exhibit, answering questions, sharing their thoughts, talking about their work and offering instruction. The tour is structured to provide insight into the creative process of the artists whose work is on display and the reader will be delighted with the plethora of inspiration, articles, techniques and general visual candy. As a final bonus, many artists featured in the book have contributed imagery as a gift to readers for attending the exhibit to reuse in their own creations.

I love the concept and feel it was well executed. A wide variety of artists are represented and there's enough eye candy and technique sharing for us all.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    This sound like a perfect book. I really want to learn so much and I love to look at the art work of others.. And thanks for the tip on purchasing cigar boxes!! I will not do what I did last week.. Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what? I LOVE this book. This is always a surprise. So much story in it, too. Variety and learning. I must get one for everyone I know. Thank you for reminding me how good it is.

    I was putting a video on my blog today and after I finished I realized that your invitation to the open studio was right there on the table. I should have focused on it! But for some reason I can't get a very long video to upload to blogger, so I was hurrying.

    anyway, if I weren't going to be in paris that weekend, I would definitely make it up there!

    ReplyDelete