Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Book Heaven!




Ever since second or third grade the best Christmas presents have always been books, though for a few formative years, cap guns and cowboy hats ran a close second! This year I scored! Six new, wonderful volumes that will provide hours of enjoyment.


This compilation of Agatha Christie's Secret Notebooks, a true delight for a mystery fan such as myself..



Inside the Painter's Studio by Joe Fig which I reviewed here, and now, I have my own copy to drool over.

Two books that deal with Victorian pictorial collage The Marvelous Album of Madame B and Playing with Pictures, the later is the exhibition book from a delightful show, read of Lynne Perrella's fascinating visit here.

And these two, just for fun!! The London Quiz Book and The Paris Quiz Book. Margot found them in the Bas Bleu catalog, and knowing they're my two favourite cities, she couldn't resist.


So for the next few days, Shhhhhh - I'm reading!


3 comments:

  1. Oh how fabulous; you'll have me logging onto Amazon any minute. I am addicted to books and collecting them, and indeed have more than one copy of many titles because I cannot find where I have stashed them in this old rambling house of many layers. All the best for 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a treat, to read and read! I wish you a peaceful, lovely time! and a grand new year! I hope this is the year we will meet.
    I just ordered a few books with a gift card, and I'm awaiting a long long weekend of sloth. but only physical sloth! my mind will be reeling.

    I'm looking at your sweet ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a copy of Joe Fig's book. It is definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete