Monday, December 6, 2010

Love Those Impressionists!


Before we spent the afternoon at Fort Mason yesterday, immersed in beautiful handcrafted wares and delightful creative women, we visited the deYoung Museum for the second half of this year's Impressionist Exhibitions. Last summer we saw "The Birth of Impressionism" and now "Van Gogh, Gauguin, Cezanne and Beyond: Post Impressionist Masterpieces" both shows featuring works from the Musee d'Orsay in Paris.

It was wonderful to see all these pieces again, especially my favourite van Gogh, Room at Arles.



2 comments:

  1. Sorry for such a late comment but WOW! Love the De Young musuem and what a treat to see that exhibit! Sounds wonderful! I am living through your posts and loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me the Impressionists! What lucky girls! Do you like the German abstract expressionists? I find I'm odd in liking both. HA!

    ReplyDelete