Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cutting Edge


Scissors in a variety of shapes, sizes, and styles. This is just a selection of the many I have; in my studio, on the work bench in the garage studio, and tucked away waiting to be used in an assemblage.


Purchased at craft stores, fabric stores, thrift stores, flea markets, Renaissance Faires, swap meets, garage sales, and one or two found on the street! But with all these and more I find myself generally using just two - the orange Fiskars or the ones with the blue handles.

2 comments:

  1. oh the tools!! I ruin so many scissors using them to cut wire :( I need to be more organized so I have my paper cutting scissors separate from my metal cutting ones.

    Your collection photographs beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie - The good thing about the ones you ruin, is that then they can be used in assemblages!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete