Thursday, November 17, 2011

221 B Baker St.

221 B Baker Street 8x10"

My daughter has a good friend who is crazy about the new Sherlock Holmes series on BBC. She asked if I could do a steampunk piece using the actors from the series, so she could surprise her friend with it at Christmas.


Here's the result - I used a shot of Sherlock and Watson in front of their door with that famous address. The photo was coloured but I turned it sepia and printed it out on parchment paper. Copper acrylic is stenciled on top. Various steampunk elements are attached with wire and heavy gel medium and include gears, a pen nib, rusty paper clips, a magnifying glass, a violin bridge and a wall of HO bricks along the bottom.



If you haven't seen the series - check it out. A very ingenious mix of Victorian and modern Technology, and you can't get more steampunk than that!

2 comments:

  1. The bricks are a fabulous touch! As well, your spelling of coloured.

    Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris - I've always preferred the English spelling of the English language - I know some find it geeky and/or annoying, but hey, at 59 I'm doing what I want!! And yes, I love the bricks (which is spelled the same) also.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete