Monday, November 21, 2011

Me and Mouse


I've never considered myself a pet person, even though I've had pets almost all my life. And homesteading for 18 years in east San Luis Obispo county, raising our own food, animals were a fact of life, rather than pampered pets. But now, at almost 60, I've fallen in love with my kitty. His name is Mouse (he was much smaller when we got him!) and he's a gigantic ball of fluffy black fur, with a darling bob-tail and liquid green eyes and I am totally smitten. I promise this won't turn into a blog about my cat - but just this once I had to share him with you.

6 comments:

  1. My goodness, he IS a big boy, and a handsome one. How could you wait so long to share him with us? Clearly a beloved member of the family. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought I'd see the day that you got all mushy about a cat...I think Margot may be rubbing off on you a little. Although, he is kind of a sweetheart as well, so who could blame you for falling in love with him?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marylinn - He is handsome, I can't believe how smitten I am with him!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny - I knew that's what you'd say, but I couldn't help it. He's so cute I had to post his picture.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very behind in my blog hopping but I just had to comment. HE is fabulous.. What a great name.. too funny. I completely understand your thoughts on the love of animals, I feel the same. However, I too have been caught by a loving cat once. She is gone now but I don't think every replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda - He is indeed fabulous and now he's convinced he's a "blog-star"! LOL!
    Erin
    '

    ReplyDelete