Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Turkish Delight


Our dear friend Franny ( she and Margot have known each other since Kindergarten!) is a world traveler extraordinaire - her latest trip took her to Istanbul. When I found out she was going I was struck by the ever present force of synchronicity - I've been planning for awhile now to do a vicarious travel journal of Istanbul and have been reading travel books and novels set there as a prelim to actually starting work on the journal.


I asked Franny if she'd mind picking up a bit of ephemera while there and she jumped at the chance, even getting her travel companions to help her out.


Old coins, bottle caps, museum and ferry tickets, newspapers, postcards, stamps - a feast of delicious Turkish ephemera. Thanks Franny - I can't wait to start recording my "arm-chair" travel in this new journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment