Monday, November 7, 2011

Stencil Love


Ever since I took Mary Ann Moss's Stencilry class I have been enamored with stencils (haven't we all?), but even though I've watched her videos (which are wonderful) about cutting them over and over I think this might be one of those talents, like sewing and down-hill skiing, that I just don't have. Luckily for me there are a myriad of wonderful stencils out there. And here are a few of my favourites.





So if you have two left hands (or right, as the case may be) when it comes to cutting your own stencils, never fear. Just give some of these a try.

6 comments:

  1. With every intention of trying to cut more of my own stencils - I am so old school I use either scissors or an exacto and glossy cardstock junk mail - I recently ordered 3 designs from The Crafters Workshop, after visiting them on-line for about 2 months. I like the ones you showed. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marylinn - After a few rather abortive attempts, I thought - I could spend time trying to cut stencils, or I could spend the time using stencils. Having much more fun using them! I do have a massive amount of admiration for those who can cut them.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! I love that they are USED in the photos. Makes em awesomer...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Destiny - It's way cool how the paint layers build up and up and up until finally the stencil itself can be used in a collage.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like these, and want to buy some of Michelle Ward's stencils, too. I took Mary Ann's class and never could quite do the stencil cutting, but I assumed it was because I was just not patient enough. HA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris - I think for me it's being all thumbs, which can be a plus with my style of grungy, messy mixed media - but not so much with the stencil cutting! Just glad there's all these wonderful precut ones out there!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete