Friday, November 18, 2011

From the Bookshelf




Another winner from Rice Freeman-Zachary, this one takes us around the country to visit a variety of art retreats. From Port Townsend, Washington to Hampton, Virginia, from Art Fest to Art 'n' Soul, big to small - this is the place to look if you want the low-down on what's out there. Rice chronicles a year of attending different retreats and tells how they change not only your art but your life as well. In the same smaller square format as her first two books, this one is a delightful addition to any mixed media library.

2 comments:

  1. I am ordering this TODAY. I've had it in my shopping cart for a few days waiting to see if I wanted to add anything. But what more need be said? I just got Jill Berry's new book, and am LUV ing it.

    I have been fortunate enough to get a scholarship to Artfest, and look so forward to my first trip there! Cathie's coming with, and she's going to scan the beaches for glass, and walk the towns with latte. No, not our dog--the beverage. You guys should join us, and we could drink heavily and stay out all night.

    I'll be in bed by 7 or 8. I hear it's exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris - You will love it and have the time of your life. I've been twice and it was an experience I'll never forget. Don't know if you'd heard but this will be the last Art Fest. Teesha has decided it's time to move on to other things. So you just made it.
    Lots of lovely places in Port Townsend to walk with lattes ( the drink or the dog).
    Erin

    ReplyDelete