Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cigar Box Wednesday

OK, this may be one of the weirder things I collect and put in a cigar box. And I have to admit, I haven't used one yet in an assemblage. But, you know, there's always that "someday, this will be just what I need for..." Don't tell me you haven't said that!


They are champagne cork cages. The little wire doo-hickey that holds the cork in. Maybe it's just that I love champagne. Maybe it's the wonderful and funny piece in Anne Lamott's Bird by Bird in which she describes trying to find out what they are really called. Anyway, there's still room in the box, and I know I'll be drinking more champagne - so they will continue to be collected. What's the strangest thing in your cigar boxes?

3 comments:

  1. This one made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Gosh.
    I can never look at "stuff" the same way again.
    What IS in my cigar box?....Mexican Metal Working Tools from Ten Seconds Studio...hhhmmmmm, I'll go and look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding?!? This is exactly what cigar box assemblages are for! And now that you've shown me, I can start saving those cages.

    ReplyDelete