Saturday, September 26, 2009

Wowsers-Trousers!



Earlier this week I had a phone message from the San Luis Tribune - our county's big newspaper. AND the reporter said that they were going to do a story on the upcoming Open Studios Tour and the article would feature 3 of the 220 participating artists and--wait for it -- I'm one of the 3! I know! "Wowsers-trousers!" as my friend Destiny says when something's too cool for words.

Yesterday the reporter, Pat Pemberton, came out to my studio and spent an hour talking about Open Studios, my altered books and assemblages, my checkered former careers; teaching and singing opera, and the interesting twist of being a librarian who alters books.


I was curious how I was picked out of a field of 220 artists. Pat said that Arts Obispo had supplied him with a list of Open Studio artist along with their websites. He really liked my website and blog, and said they were very influential in his final decision. So, big thanks to daughter Bronwyn and friend Destiny, both of whom have helped me more than I can say with all things "Internet".

The article is scheduled to come out in the Sunday October 4 issue of The Tribune.

2 comments:

  1. I am truly gobsmacked. (Which is Australian for Wowsers Trousers!)

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeee!! That's so wonderfully cool! And I'm honored that I helped in some way!

    Can you send me a copy? I'd really love to see it!

    ReplyDelete