Friday, September 25, 2009

From the Bookshelf


The Decorated Page by Gwen Diehn -you could say that's where it all began. Five years ago this book surfaced at my library and I thought it looked interesting, so I checked it out, took it home, and devoured it - again and again. I've been keeping journals since the age of 13, but this was a totally new concept. You could draw in your journal? Add stuff? Do art? I was instantly hooked! A couple of trips to Michael's and Beverley's (our Central Coast version of Jo-Ann) and I was set. I could not believe how much fun this was.

Well, artistic journaling lead to altered books, lead to collage, led to assemblage art, lead to Art Fest, lead to workshops with Lynne Perrella, Nick Bantock, Anne Bagby, lead to publication in Somerset Studio, lead to here - 5 years later and three weeks away from my first Open Studios Tour. Thanks Gwen!

No comments:

Post a Comment