Monday, August 10, 2009

Mille grazie, mia amica Lyn!

Lyn Bleiler, wonderful artist and workshop coordinator extraordinaire, recently completed a 6 week residency in Venice (I know!). While she was there I realized I was about to use my last marbled paper covered pencil (purchased in 2005 when we were in Venice). And I thought "Aha! I know someone in Venice right now."

Lyn very graciously agreed to help me out and brought home this round dozen of marbled beauties. They arrived in the post a few days ago from Lyn's home base in Taos. Not only are they lovely, but holding one is like a little bit of Venice in your palm. Brava, Lyn and mille grazie.

1 comment:

  1. Your marbled pencils remind me of my first job at the Huntington Library and visits to the Bindery, located in the basement via a creaky, metal cage elevator, therein to inhale the glue, leather and paper and gaze upon marbled sheets of (unknown to me) vintage. How fine to have a friend help replenish your supply.

    ReplyDelete