Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Ultimate "Duh!"


You may remember last week when I posted about my friend Lyn Bleiler bringing me back wonderful marbled paper covered pencils from Venice, and how I had used the last one I had from my trip to Venice in 2005. etc., etc. Well, while I was at the workshop in Colorado, I told Lynne Perrella about how I'd e-mailed Lyn and she was graciously bringing me back a dozen - and Lynne said "You can make them yourself you know, it's really easy."


The week after I got back and was at work, a patron needed help finding a book on paper arts. We pulled out two or three and when I was re-shelving the one she didn't take, I looked in the index under pencils and viola! - there it was. And guess what? It's so easy, that these are the entire instructions: "Simply cut a length of paper to fit round the pencil and trim to fit allowing for a small overlap. Glue the back of the paper and smooth round the pencil. Press firmly until the glue dries."

It is indeed, really easy, as these pictures show. I had a lot of fun going through my marbled papers and making these, both regular length and the short golf pencils. And, now I can use them in my artwork and save the glorious Venetian ones to drool over!

1 comment: