Friday, September 9, 2011

From the Bookshelf


I've mentioned before that I can't resist a book that gives a peek into other artists' studios and/or sketchbooks. This volume is one of the best. Forty-four artists from all over the world are featured - 4 pages for each, a short bio (some of these are priceless!) and then several interview questions presented by the author and answered by the individual artists. And of course, copious pages of their delicious sketchbooks. A wide diversity of art is covered - comics, graphic art, lettering, illustration and more. I'm trying to just read a bit each day to make it last!


2 comments:

  1. I do too Erin! Love the title of this one. I have a gift certificate for B & N...this is on my list.

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie - I first heard about it from Lisa H, so it's bounced from CO to CA and back!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete