Friday, September 16, 2011

From the Bookshelf


When I bought my new camera last February it came with a deal from Shutterfly for a free photo book. You take your pictures, sit down at the computer and design a book. They print it up and sent it to you. Right from the beginning I thought it would be a wonderful way to document my pieces from my solo show "The Pity of War".

Well, it took awhile to get around to it (big surprise!) but finally I did and I now have the result in my hands. There was room for all 20 pieces and an ending page with an artist statement and list of where the show was exhibited. I 'm pleased with how it turned out and what a pleasure to have this lasting tribute.

4 comments:

  1. This is a GREAT idea and I'm glad you did it. I hope to see the book some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris - It looks just the exhibit - only smaller, LOL!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful documentation, a generous gift from Shutterfly. They deserve some good PR for this. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marylinn - It was wonderful timing receiving the free book and having the solo show coincide. And wonderful to have a record of show to keep, since several of the pieces have sold.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete