Monday, September 12, 2011

Hotsy-Totsy


A few weeks ago I did a post about the wonderful old neon signs we'd come across on our trip to the Berkeley area - including the Hotsy Totsy Club.



My wonderful wife Margot did a little Internet research and found that they have shirts - and, a few days ago, she presented me with one!



We've already decided that the next time we're up that way we'll have to make it a point to stop in and have an exotic cocktail or two - after all the Hotsy Totsy has been "keeping Albany tipsy since 1939"!

4 comments:

  1. Forgive me for being way off topic, but does the Marie Claire Idees link mean that you, grande dame, had your assemblages featured in their magazine and under what rock was I sleeping when that announcement was made? Truly? This is one of the 10 most fabulous things ever. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marylinn - Actually I was featured on their blog, where-in they referred to me as "la grande dame". It was a post about my colourful type drawers. Click on the link and it should take you to the blog post. I thought it was fabulous too!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, definitely THE BEST. When I first looked, I wasn't sure if it was an excerpt from the magazine. Now I need to bookmark their site. Your beautiful rainbow type drawers. It made what I know was an inspirational post. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marylinn - I just happened on it one day while checking out blogs - I was thrilled to find out that Marie Claire considers me "le grande dame du mixed media"!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete