Friday, April 1, 2011

From the Bookshelf - Powell's Score


What can one say about Powell's City of Books? An entire city block, three floors - so huge they give you a map as you walk in the door. I could easily have spent a day browsing - when Margot and I met at the coffee shop after a designated 90 minutes it felt like only half an hour had passed. I only had time to scratch the surface of the altered art section on the first floor and then a quick run up to the third floor to the fine art section. We are already studying the map and making our plans for next time! The above is my score, more than half of which were at rock bottom remainder prices. Lots of fun reading ahead. (And that's no April Fools' joke!)

2 comments:

  1. yay!! I love MBShaw!! love love love.

    See you on the 8th!! We got a sitter for Scout, and we can't wait to see your show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up there was a live tv program where shoppers got to run through a supermarket grabbing all they could in a very limited (a minute or two) amount of time. Grab now, sort it out later. I've seen SCRAPS on another blog and it sounded highly desirable. Will you let us know?

    ReplyDelete