Friday, April 29, 2011

From the Bookshelf


This book, an oldie but goodie, was one of my score's from Powell's used books, I picked it up for a song. Valuable for several reasons- it was one of the first, if not the first, of the well-known artists' collaborations, it was the first time Lynne Perrella joined a collaboration, leading to True Colors and Alphabetica among many others, and it was the first time a book was written about a collaboration. Full to the bursting with eye candy, journal excerpts, and commentary from all the artists, it is interesting reading for any mixed media type. I am not a doll maker and didn't even play with dolls much as a child ( more interested in my cowboy hat and six-shooters) but I loved reading about the collaboration process and was fascinated by the many different and diverse forms the dolls took. A very enjoyable book.

No comments:

Post a Comment