Thursday, April 7, 2011

Media Blitz


It's a joy being married to a writer/editor! Margot sent out queries and articles to several newspapers about my upcoming show and the major local paper The Tribune, ran the above on Sunday and the New Times printed this today.

Central Coast Creative Arts and Erin Perry have a dual exhibit opening on April 8. CCCA is a group of artists who explore creativity within the paper arts and multimedia and present “Booked Up, Boxed In, Marked On, and Papered Over." Perry’s mixed media and collage collection, “The Pity of War,” joins the show. Perry, an altered book artist from Morro Bay, focuses on the two world wars. Her collages feature shell casings, vintage photos of children being evacuated, torn Stars of David, military insignia, shards of glass, old coins, and more. Of her work and the unusual materials she uses to create her pieces, Perry says, “I am a dreamer and an alchemist. I collect the detritus of the street, the shore, and the secondhand—the rusty, the worn, the tattered, and torn. It sits in my studio and marinates, sometimes for days, sometimes for months, until the dream takes shape.” A reception for “The Pity of War” will be April 8 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. and hangs through May 1. The Cambria Center for the Arts is at 1350 Main St. in Cambria and is open weekends. Info: artistsofcambria.com or alteredbythesea.com.


My show, The Pity of War opens tomorrow, the artist reception is from 5:30-7:00. If you are in the San Luis Obispo area and are able to, please drop in!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Erin!
    I've got this linked so that my two readers will know to come by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, At last I've caught up with which day of the week it is! How I would love to be with you tomorrow and muse over all you have achieved. What you have done absolutely fascinates me. But "it's a long way ..." (not in this case to Tipperary) but from England to the west coast of the USA. I wish you all the very best for the reception and the show. Ann.

    ReplyDelete