Monday, April 20, 2009

$10.00 Score!



Up early and to the swap meet and brought home the goodies above for less than $10.00. A nicely worn little vintage suitcase, old ruler, pipe, 2 vintage fuse boxes(including fuses), a fishing lure, a "headless" George Washington figure (the silly seller seemed to think this made it less valuable!), a rusty hinge, a bottle opener, porcelain hot and cold handles, and a metal name plate.






And here's what I found on the street on the way in: rusty wire, worn piece of wood with white paint, cigar band, crumpled metal and a big heavy piece of industrial metal -all for free! Good haul.


On a note of ever-increasing consistency -the latest Somerset Studios has arrived - without my artwork inside. This issue did not feature my An Evening at the Opera Box #5. But hope springs eternal, I have three more entries already awaiting their decision for the next three issues. And I have until August to decide if I'm to going to go on doing this for a second year. It does get rather frustrating when people keep saying "Oh, what's your art been in - you should be published!" and then when you try ... The two things that keep this in perspective are; 1.) I know they get hundreds and hundreds of submissions for each issue and 2.) I know there are lots of people who are just as frustrated as I am.

1 comment:

  1. You might be yet unpublished, but you post here and show it to the world anyway, and it allows me to enjoy it! :-D

    ReplyDelete