Thursday, April 2, 2009

But is it disintegrating?

Bundle on March 2

Above is what my paper bundle for Seth's Disintegration Project looked like when I put it out on March 2. Below is what it looks like now, a month later. Now I don't know about you, but I don't see much difference. It has rained several times, lots of gusty winds, fog, salt-laden ocean air and sunshine - but it looks almost like it did when I put it out. Now if I had accidentally left something paper outside, for even a day or two, it would have taken a beating, fallen apart and been a mess. I mean, I have holes the size of quarters in my car's air-conditioning system because the salt air has eaten through it, so what's with this pristine pile of paper?! There's a month to go - I'm hoping for some disintegration by May 1st.

Bundle on April 2

2 comments:

  1. It seems like many of the bundles haven't changed much (mine included) while others have literally blown away! But that's okay. The fact that this is happening still makes for an interesting outcome to the project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tie a rope to the book/paper end, tie the other end to the pier and toss the thing in the ocean...now THAT'S Disintegration!

    ReplyDelete