Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Busy Weekend of Art

Spent Sunday doing a large painting on red rosin paper entitled Saints and Crosses ( a nod to those in the UK who would "get" this reference - the painting features a grid of drips and then images of saints and stenciled crosses. Noughts and Crosses is the British name for our Tic-Tac-Toe.) No picture of this one yet.

Then on Monday (day two of my Sunday-Monday weekend) Margot and I had five good friends come over for an art afternoon. We call our group "The Creative Urge" and try to meet once a month. Everyone brings their latest project and we all sit around our big dining table (though I really can't remember the last time we "dined" at it - who am I kidding - it's an art table!) and do art and talk and laugh and have a wonderful time. I did up several of the collages below using photo pages from a vintage album that I picked up at an Antique Street Fair a few years ago. They are fun to do and don't take very long. I'm hoping they will be a crowd-pleaser at Open Studios this coming October.

Memory's Architecture


Nest Egg

No comments:

Post a Comment