Saturday, April 4, 2009

Rummage, Rummage,Rummage

Three times a year one of the churches in Cambria holds a gigantic rummage sale. Lots of marvelous "stuff" and always priced ridiculously low. So I always go into work an hour early so I can leave for an hour at 9:00 when they open their doors. It's a real community event, you run into everyone you know and the line stretches across the parking lot and around the church.


I don't know if it's indicative of the economic situation or not, but there wasn't nearly as much this time around, pretty slim pickings actually. But I did manage to ferret out the above. A Scrabble game-always useful for the letters, vintage gloves, a very cool shadow box, a small book to be altered, tiny tin cigar case, a wooden box, a diminutive art set, a few wooden blocks, and my favourite find of all - the old dominoes in the original box.


Not a big score, but some happy additions to the stash.


No comments:

Post a Comment