Sunday, April 12, 2009

Big Sur

One of the many perks about living on the Central Coast is being so close to Big Sur. Less than an hour's drive up Hwy 1 and Voila! Views like the one above. All these shots were taken by our good friend Fran West from Boston who was out visiting several weeks ago.


Tunnel Rock Formation at Pfeiffer State Beach


My lovely wife Margot at Pfeiffer State Beach

And one of the best things about visiting Big Sur is going to Nepenthe - wonderful shop, delightful cafe ( a great place to sip a latte, and journal and sketch for an hour or two) and a renowned restaurant. And the views are literally some of the most spectacular in the world.


Sketch from Cafe patio, done with Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pens - brush tip

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic. You totally get the "feel" of this place in your wonderful sketch. Keep it up - keep it up! ...I found that the more I worked, the more confident I became and the more my "style" emerged.
    Love it.

    ReplyDelete