Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Ultimate Seaside Cottage

When I lived in Cayucos (a small town 4 miles up Hwy 1 from Morro Bay) several years ago, I was in a small second story dwelling above a realty office. The inside was all white and blue and natural wood, there was a deck with a view of the ocean from the Cayucos Pier to Morro Rock, and it was the first time I'd ever lived on my own (heady stuff at 50!). I always referred to it as Erin's Seaside Cottage.
But then, I discovered the one above, on the coast of Brittany. Talk about getting away from it all! Cozy, snuggled in between the rocks with the ocean for your front and back gardens. Can't you just imagine sitting up in bed, with a cafe au lait and a good book, gazing out one of the upstairs windows, watching the sea and reveling in the solitude? Truly the ultimate Seaside Cottage.


2 comments:

  1. Would have to be an ugly place to be when it stormed!

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading Ahab's wife...a great story of the sea...I can see them living in this place.

    ReplyDelete