Saturday, April 25, 2009

Exciting News!

Barbara and Blanche Rose


I received an e-mail a few days ago from Kathryn Miller who is writing a book entitled Libraries Going Green in Our Environmentally Conscious World. One of the chapters will be about using discarded books and she wants to feature photos of my altered books. Wow! How 'bout that? It's being published by the ALA (American Library Association) and since I'm a librarian that makes the whole thing especially sweet.


Young England

These are three of the images I sent in. I tried to show a variety of techniques as well as different types of books -a discarded library book, a thrift store book club edition, and a fantastic find from a charity shop in Stow-on-the -Wold, England.


Frida y Mexico


1 comment:

  1. This is such fantastic news Erin. Congratulations. I love the spreads you posted here. They are so varied and really show off different altered book techniques. Also...nice to see at least one librarian willing to honor books this way!

    ReplyDelete