Tuesday, April 21, 2009

How I Spent my Weekend, Part 1

Desert Sands

While Margot was away teaching Sassy Feet Classes I spent my weekend (after the swap meet) making more of these collages in old photo album mats. I now have 16 ready for Open Studios this coming October. They are fun to do, and while listening to Madeleine Peyroux, the time flew by.



Magic Carpet #1
The form seems to lend itself to doing serial work(u-oh! a serial artist!). The three here have a Egyptian/Syrian influence. Throughout the week I'll post others from Passage to the Orient and A Vintage Life.

Magic Carpet #2

The weather was delightful Sunday and Monday - low 80's (which is like a heatwave here on the coast), nice breezes and an ocean the colour of your favourite denim jeans just before they fade too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment