Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Nevermore!

Nevermore!
Ever since the Poe stamps came out in January, I knew I'd be doing a piece that would utilize them. So here it is. Just put it in the mail today for Somerset Studio's Vintage Halloween challenge. Along with the postage stamps, I used a copy of "The Raven" printed out on parchment paper, various copyright-free crow clip art, rubber stamps from Silver Crow Creations, a great stencil from The Gathering Room, and drips and spatters of acrylic craft paint. For the substrata, I used an old tile sample board that the tile had fallen off of. I was particularly pleased with how well the rubber stamps(using Staz-On) worked on the old uneven surface of the tile board.

1 comment:

  1. This is a fantastic piece!
    I love the texture and personality of the work.
    Bravo....
    going over to Silver Crow now.....thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete