Friday, April 10, 2009

Dream Diner


I never managed to eat at this diner when it was open. It's located just north of Buellton on Hwy 101. We drive past it every time we go to Santa Barbara or Los Angeles. and it fascinates me. Much as the tiny sheds do. My friend Susan has always wanted to buy it and set up an antique store. She's a master picker so it would be a fantastic shop! Anyway, the old trolley cars call to me - one of my favourite books as a kid was "The Trolley Car Family". The family in the story lived in a street car (that the dad used to drive before the town switched to buses) for a summer. Ah, those compact, delightful little spaces.





1 comment:

  1. I too have passed by the old street car diner many times. I got off the freeway once and got up next to the structure but was very nervous as to the amount of "no tresspassing" signs and the fear of having a shotgun pointed in my general direction. It was and is still in very sad shape, sadly a little too far gone for restoration. oh well

    ReplyDelete